Monday 23 September 2013

Hi.

I know I am supposed to be studying for tomorrow's Environmental law paper but.. 5 minutes for me to procrastinate, pretty please? Today's Land paper was a pain in the ass and I didn't even managed to finish my last question. :'( 

Reminiscing back, I really miss my Alpha years in university. I don't remember having so much stress like now. Mehhhh. But but, am not complaining okay, just to put the emphasis that I really enjoyed my Alpha years but hey, I am no Benjamin Button aite, so yeah, got to keep moving forward no matter how difficult it is. Life is not always gonna be a bed of roses so one has got to man up and suck all that petty emotions in and be a tough bitch. A woman has got to do what she has got to do. HAHA saying this reminds me of a poem written by Maya Angelou entitled "Phenomenal Woman". Wait let me search the poem for you guys.

Anndd here it is. 

Phenomenal Woman
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size   
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
I say,
It’s in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,   
The stride of my step,   
The curl of my lips.   
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,   
That’s me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,   
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.   
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.   
I say,
It’s the fire in my eyes,   
And the flash of my teeth,   
The swing in my waist,   
And the joy in my feet.   
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.

Men themselves have wondered   
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can’t touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them,   
They say they still can’t see.   
I say,
It’s in the arch of my back,   
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.

Now you understand
Just why my head’s not bowed.   
I don’t shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.   
When you see me passing,
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It’s in the click of my heels,   
The bend of my hair,   
the palm of my hand,   
The need for my care.   
’Cause I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.

This poem just has something in it that it makes you feel so empowered and driven after reading it. the feeling would be I-am-awake-alive-and-ready-to-conquer-the-world feeling. But hey, to all you man out there, you don't have to feel diffident about it, like we, women are over shadowing you or something. Maybe you should go find yourself a poem to, you know just to boost up your self-confidence or something, or maybe not. But hey, no offence. I fully understand and acknowledge that generalisation and stereotyping is wrong and not all man are similar. There are still some who are,yes, I have to admit, responsible and not those who just sit around and waste parents money and lure girls into their charm just to get into their pants. Sorry if I am starting to sound a little bitter, it's just that these type of 'man' really gets on my nerves. Like hey, why don't you just be a gigolo instead then, you might as well gain a profit out of that rather than nothing at all right? Again, I apologized if my post this time has offended any of you. 

My current stress-reliever Mr Meoowwwww :


"Why are you taking snapshots of me?!"


"Read me instead!"



"Don't touch me!"

Well, the captions are just captions of what I think little kitty there is thinking. Meow. 
Dad just sent me a message asking me why the PLKN letters keep coming in again, like how am I supposed to know if those dumdass forgot that I actually attended their freaking PLKN program for two months plus. URGH talking about inefficiency. 

Anyhow, I think I took more than 5 minutes updating my blog. 9 unread chapters of Environmental Law awaits me and a rumbling stomach that is saying, "Feed me momma!". 

BYE!


No comments:

Post a Comment